In case you missed it, some great news items in the last couple weeks, from the Ardupilot development powerhouse:
– Release of Copter 3.5
– The Solo lives on
Copter 3.5 is a major release with an extensive list of new features and improvements, including support for visual odometry, obstacle avoidance, RTK GPS, dual GPS blending, non GPS loiter and navigation, improved autotune.
More specifically, AC 3.5 new features and improvements include:
- Performance improvements including 8kHz IMU sampling for improved vibration resistance, greatly reduced latency between IMU updates and motor outputs
- AutoTune with position hold if entered from Loiter/PosHold flight modes (wiki28)
- Delivery improvements including Servo Gripper17 and Package Place
- Driver additions and improvements:
- Improved Smart Battery support (individual cells voltages, battery serial number, Maxell battery driver) (wiki25)
- OLED Display51
- Lightware LW20 lidar37, all lightware products can now use I2C interface5.
- TeraRanger Tower29 lidar for Object Avoidance
- Maxbotix sonar serial interface now supported
- Garmin Lidar-Lite v337
- Landing gear retracts/deploys on startup only after pilot moves transmitter switch
- Flight controllers supported now includes:
- GPS improvements:Mission fix for Turn-towards-next-waypoint-too-soon issue (only applies to AUTO flight mode)
- Non-GPS loiter and navigation:
- Object avoidance:Precision Loiter using IR-Lock (wiki18)
- Pixracer10 improvements:Solo supported (we recommend upgrading flight controller to a Green Cube23 from a HEX reseller8)
- ESC calibration fixes
- board LEDs now work
More information on Arducopter 3.5 can be found here.
Copter now also supports the Solo, a first. Detailed information can be found here: The Solo Lives on
Also stay tuned for the upcoming release of Arduplane 3.8, whose list of new features and improvements promises to be just as impressive as those of its Copter sidekick!