We just announced the start of its 2017 Drone Market Sector Research, which promises to be our most comprehensive study of drone market trends and usage to date. The online portion of this research seeks to get your opinions about buying and using small unmanned aircraft systems—otherwise known as drones This independent research is being underwritten by Airware and DroneDeploy and is designed to uncover fresh insights on which drone industry sectors are thriving (and which aren’t) and how businesses are using drone-acquired data in their day-to-day operations.
Why are we doing this?
Because we believe the consumer and commercial drone market needs it. Our observations:
- We see a lack of objective information on the drone industry.
- We find there’s an absence of credible market-based research.
- We see little understanding of the difference between large industry forecasts and actual buyer adoption rates.
The survey will explore:
- Who’s buying what types of drones from which makers at which prices and for what use?
- How large are drone-based service providers and how and where are they positioning themselves to whom and which target industries?
- What concerns business buyers of drone-based projects most and why?
- How much are service providers and business buyers using flight management and data analytic software for image-based projects?
Who should take the survey?
- Individuals or businesses who have purchased a drone in the past 12 months for any reason
- Commercial drone service providers
- Businesses that use drones or drone services as part of their company’s internal work or projects
Take the brief 10-minute survey here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2017_drone_market
As an incentive for your participation in the survey, there will be an opportunity to:
- Receive a free summary report of the research results, a $95 value
- Enter to win a free DJI Spark Mini Drone (a $400 value) or one of two $100 VISA gift cards.
When complete, the research study will provide a complete view of topics like:
- Critical industry drivers
- Vendor and service provider market share
- Business adoption trends and issues
- Market size for all drones and growth projections by segment
The survey will be in market for four weeks, and results will be available in September.
As always, I’m interested in hearing from you. If have questions or comments, feel free comment below or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Image: Shutterstock and Skylogic Research