Stallion 3D is a 3D aerodynamics analysis software package developed by Dr. Patrick Hanley of Hanley Innovations (a Florida business that develops aerodynamics software for education and small businesses). Starting with only the STL file, Stallion 3D is an all-in-one Windows software tool that rapidly validate conceptual and preliminary aerodynamic designs of aircraft, UAVs, hydrofoil and road vehicles.
Version 5.0 has the following features:
- Built-in automatic grid generation
- Built-in 3D compressible Euler Solver for rapid aerodynamics analysis.
- Built-in 3D laminar Navier-Stokes solver
- Built-in 3D Reynolds Averaged Navier-Stokes (RANS) solver
- Multi-core flow solver processing on your Windows laptop or desktop using OpenMP
- Inputs STL files for processing
- Built-in wing/hydrofoil geometry creation tool
- Enables stability derivative computation using quasi-steady rigid body rotation
- Up to 100 actuator disc (RANS solver only) for simulating jets and prop wash
- Reports the lift, drag and moment coefficients
- Reports the lift, drag and moment magnitudes
- Plots surface pressure, velocity, Mach number and temperatures
- Produces 2-d plots of Cp and other quantities along constant coordinates line along the structure
The introductory price of Stallion 3D 5.0 is $3,495 for the yearly subscription or $8,000 for a perpetual license. The software is also available in Lab and Class Packages. For more information, please visit http://www.hanleyinnovations.com/stallion3d.html or call us at (352) 261-3376.