DJI, the world’s leader in civilian drones and aerial imaging technology, has had a pretty impressive year. So far the company managed to release the Mavic Air, Mavic 2 Series (Mavic 2 Pro / Mavic 2 Zoom / Mavic 2 Enterprise), Phantom 4 V2.0 and Phantom 4 RTK. But the year isn’t over yet. Because Life Really is Big, DJI wanted to end the year with a bang. What better way to do it than to release another awesome product!
So what’s the big release?! The Phantom 5? Nope. Inspire 3? Nope. A whole new series?! Nope. DJI unveiled the Osmo Pocket at today’s “Because Life Is Big” Event.
The Osmo Pocket is the smallest 3-axis stabilized handheld camera DJI has ever designed. In just seconds, the compact and intelligent Osmo Pocket turns any moment into a cinematic memory. Share your life anywhere, anytime.
”Innovation is at the heart of every product we create and DJI Osmo Pocket is here to change the way photos and videos are captured, not just by professionals but by parents, couples, adventurers, travelers, and everyone in between,” said Roger Luo, President at DJI. “Osmo Pocket is a portable personal camera crew and we can’t wait to see how people use it to capture their stories and share them with the world.”
Small yet powerful
At just over 4 inches tall, Osmo Pocket is DJI’s smallest three-axis stabilized camera. It redefines DJI’s family of handheld gimbals offering features never before seen in a product this compact. A 1/2.3-inch sensor records 12-megapixel photographs and 4K video up to 60fps at 100Mbps in stunning detail. Osmo Pocket also uses built-in dual microphones and advanced noise-canceling algorithms to ensure you capture high quality audio to match your footage. Furthermore, a battery life of up to two hours shooting video in 4K, 30fps means you can always rely on Osmo Pocket to capture your story no matter where you are at the very best quality.
Smooth, stable video
Building on DJI’s experience creating gimbal technology, Osmo Pocket helps capture stable video for all of life’s moments. The state-of-the-art three-axis mechanical gimbal compensates for movements and smooths these motions so you can focus on composition and subject matter. Whether you are taking videos of your vacation or documenting special holiday moments, Osmo Pocket helps ensure your video comes out smooth.
Simple and smart
Designed with ease of use in mind, Osmo Pocket doesn’t just let anyone shoot smooth, cinematic footage; it empowers creativity. The gimbal camera uses a 1-inch integrated touch screen that provides a hhigh-qualitylive view as well as the ability to toggle through the various shooting modes, adjust settings, review footage and gain access to a full suite of creative features including:
- ActiveTrack– DJI’s image recognition algorithms allow Osmo Pocket to recognize and follow subjects of your choice, perfect for capturing family moments easily with the tap of your finger.
- FaceTrack– FaceTrack takes ActiveTrack one step further. With enhanced ActiveTrack algorithms, FaceTrack automatically recognizes a human face and locks the subject in center of the frame at all times. It does not identify individual faces, but keeps the camera centered on one. To initiate FaceTrack, simply select selfie mode and the camera will detect your face.
- Timelapse & Motionlapse– If you’re looking to turn minutes into seconds, Timelapse is perfect for capturing unique content with the effect of the world moving faster around you, while Motionlapse adds the dynamic element of camera movement to your Timelapse.
- FPV Mode– FPV Mode lets you capture your greatest adventures by recording video from your perspective. Instead of locking the gimbal to maintain the horizon, FPV tells the camera to follow your every tilt and lean, shooting dynamic footage exactly as you experienced it.
- 3×3 & 180° Panorama– For capturing breathtaking wide-angle photos, Osmo Pocket offers two Panorama modes. 3X3 takes an expansive 9 images in total while 180° mode captures 4 images. Osmo Pocket software stitches them together automatically so you can focus on the framing of the scene.
Unlock the full power of Osmo Pocket
A universal port under the touchscreen allows users to connect their mobile devices that use iOS Lightning or USB-C. Upon connection, the new dedicated DJI Mimo app will automatically open and serves as a monitor, while in-app menu offers a variety of intelligent features and recording modes:
- Story Mode – Bring creative editing to your video with a host of preset music, video transitions and coloring. Choose one of 10 fun templates and Mimo will handle the camera movement for you. After finishing, Mimo automatically generates your very own short story, ready to be shared.
- Pro Mode – If you want even more control over your content, “Pro mode” gives you access to camera setting adjustments and exposure settings to let you create exactly how you want, from rich video in bright conditions to a perfect handheld long exposure photo at night. Whatever you want to shoot, Osmo Pocket and DJI Mimo let you explore and expand your creativity. Osmo Pocket automatically detects and illuminates low-lit scenes into bright photos. This helps eliminates the need for a tripod, and you can rely on the gimbal to keep the camera still for a shutter speed of up to three seconds. Illuminate the dark, or capture the movement of light in a “light painting.” You’re only limited by your imagination.
Pricing + Availability
Osmo Pocket retails for $349 USD. Trust the UAV Experts and pre-order the Osmo Pocket today, with shipping slated for December 15th . Free shipping and tech support, plus training available. Learn more by clicking here.